Monday, February 25, 2008

National Youth Ministry Conference - Day Three

Day Three of the NYMC, and my brain is getting full. Seriously, if my brain wore a belt, I would be loosening it like it was Turkey Day... But, it has all been worth it!
The Deeper Learning Track that I've been in with Mark DeVries continued to rock my socks off! I'm super excited to be taking this info back to my Christian Education committee so we can get to work. Anyway... at the start of Session #3, Mark challenged some folks to build the highest tower they could with cardboard bricks. The results were hilarious! Some were more creative than others, but none of the towers lasted very long. I got a shot of this one right before all the bricks came crashing down... One of the things that we observed was that there had never been any rules about not working together. How sad but true that is of ministry... if we would only get over ourselves and work together more, just imagine what we could do!

Greg Stier was fantastic at the evening group session! Really... if you weren't there... get the MP3 of that session! I'll post a link on how to get recordings of the various sessions in a later post...

There are a few other things about Day Three that I must share with y'all, but I will give them each their own post...

Here's the Top Five for Day Three:

  1. Those of us in Mark DeVries' learning track tried to engage the rooms next to us in a round of "We've got Spirit, yes we do! We've got Spirit, how 'bout you?". Alas... there were no responses. We figure that all they could here us saying was "wkosidnrj wowiefn wowkndrnf! solwefnseinlfwehfiwk pdeneewliyejhf ijhhfhwuef?" (We weren't exactly "together" on the cheer..)

  2. I did a study on Sabbath when I was in seminary, so it was refreshing to hear Mark DeVries say this regarding taking a day off each week: "If your church is suggesting that you break one of the ten commandments, then it probably isn't a good idea to work there."

  3. "My name is Tim, and I'm a porcupine farmer." Thank you, 321 Improv!

  4. Greg Stier said this about youth: "Why are they deaf to us? Because we are deaf to them!" Wow... let's all chew on that for a while...

  5. The announcement video... yeah... that was great! Check it out at Josh's blog.

No comments: