Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Long Time, No Blogging...

It has been a while since my last post. Between my vacation and our Session retreat, I've been a tad busy. I have a lot to blog about, so don't be surprised if I have more than one post today...
I went home (back to Ohio) at the beginning of the month. Not exactly the most exotic place to go on vacation, but I can't beat the cost of lodging! Thanks, Mom and Dad! In case you watch the Weather Channel as religiously as my dad, you'll recall that there was some serious rain that went through the Northwest Ohio area at the start of the month. I hadn't banked on going home to a flood, but that's what I got! Thankfully, the fam didn't get the water in the basement like we did this summer.

Besides the flooding, I celebrated a birthday over my vacation! I swear I woke up on my birthday and saw about 100 more gray hairs on my head! I have been going gray since seminary. And at the rate that the gray is coming in, I will have salt and pepper hair well before I turn 40! At least it helps me look a little bit older (although I rarely actually act my age...if I can help it). Anyway... my folks got me a cake (made by our friend and neighbor, Becky). Doesn't it just make your mouth water? YUM!!! I vaguely remember lapsing into a sugar coma sometime that evening... Mmmm... sugar coma.... John took me out for dinner and a movie, too. I had a great time! Overall... it was one of my best birthdays.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats, you get to give away a digital download version of Life Hurts, God Heals from Simply Youth Ministry. Come up with some way to give it away as you blog the Group/SYM Conference. Can't wait to read your posts!

JG