Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Buffalo Wild Wings

So, I had a great time at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Urbana (technically, I think it is in Savoy) on May 2nd. My friend Ruth and I, along with my new friend Jon, played trivia (of course). We actually did quite well, too -- first, second, and third place in this round (with yours truly coming in third)! Yes, my nickname on Buzztime Trivia is "Pasta"... It is all thanks to my young friend Grace, who (when she was 2 years old) couldn't quite pronounce "Pastor"... thus I became known as "Pasta Amy". As an Italian, I don't think that the nickname is all that far off, really...

Our server, Sam, was the greatest! He had a bunch of tables of not-so-greatful kids and parents that didn't know how to tip... but he was the best to us! Yay for Sam! I think we tipped him about 50% that night -- and not just to help make up for the jerks at the other tables who were treating him like crap. Alas, Sam is moving to Chicago. I wish him the best of luck. Sam, let me know if you want any contacts in the Windy City, and I'll try to get you hooked up!

So...more about the trivia... If you have never played Buzztime Trivia at a Buffalo Wild Wings, you are missing out! It is serious fun! Plus, if you sign up for a free account, you can earn points that could result in your winning prizes (and not just bragging rights)! I'm officially signed up now, so the points are slowly adding up. My working lunches now tend to involve some theological reading material and trivia... Asian Zing Boneless Wings, fresh celery with ranch or blue cheese dressing, a good book, and a Playmaker... Nice!

No comments: