Sunday, May 11, 2008

Grandma

My grandmother passed away last Thursday (May 1st). She had lived a long and full life, and she was blessed to go peacefully. The Monday before she died, my dad was able to visit with her. She was so clearly at peace about it all, that it truly helped us to be more at peace with it, too.

The process of grief has been interesting for me. I mean, I have had to deal with the death of grandparents before -- all of them have now passed -- but, this is the first death of a relative since my becoming a pastor. I deal with funerals and I work with people in grief as a pastor, but it is a very different thing to go through that process myself. It has not been easy to put my role of "pastor" aside and simply be.

To all who have expressed their sympathy to me and my family, I thank you. Your words of comfort have been true blessings to me during this time.

No comments: