Friday, July 11, 2008

My New Favorite Book... And The Book I'll Be Reading Soon...

Ok... just a quick post to comment on my new favorite book, A Generous Orthodoxy.

I'm still reading, but so far I am really impressed with what Brian McLaren has to say. It is easy to read, yes... but that doesn't mean that it is an "easy read". It is actually pretty challenging. McLaren doesn't hold back. And it is rather refreshing, I think.

Now, this isn't the only book that I'm reading. I'm a true book lover, and I tend to read at least 4 or 5 books at a time. But one of the books that is on my list to read this summer is one that I got while I was at GA. It is not a book that I would have bought (EVER), but since folks were nice enough to give me a copy, I do plan on reading it. The book is Broken Covenant by Parker T. Williamson, the editor emeritus and senior correspondent of The Layman. Yes... The Layman. Not a publication that I endorse (at all). But... I am interested in what he has to say.

Maybe I will end up writing my own book in response... Who knows!

No comments: