Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Back from GA

I just got back from General Assembly... and my head is still spinning! I am amazed at what we were able to accomplish as a Church! Wow! I'm sure that there are a few who are reading this blog who aren't as thrilled as I am, but that's okay... It is our diversity which can make us strong.

Now that GA is over, the real work begins. We re-affirmed our commitment to the recommendations made by the Peace, Unity, and Purity Task Force in 2006, which challenges us to be in conversation and communion with one another. While there are certainly some churches who will want to leave the denomination, I fervently hope that most churches will seek ways to be in dialogue with each other. The words of Psalm 133 continue to echo in my head. How very good and pleasant it is when kindred live together in unity. Maybe I will post the sermon I preached about a year ago that used that text...

1 comment:

Stushie said...

I hate to burst your bubble, Amy, but the 218 GA has created more divisions across the denomination than any other.

I love the title of your blog, though...