Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Movin' On Up...

So, the Interim Head-of-Staff pastor decided that he didn't need to have the monster-sized desk that was in his office. Instead, he wanted to have a much smaller desk. Lucky for him, the desk that I have been using for the past 2 1/2 years was the perfect size! I've barely had room to put a few books on my desk, but apparently, he doesn't need that much space.

So not the monster-sized desk is mine. Seriously - it is HUGE! We traded desks last week, and now I have a TON more space to spread out all of my crap -- I mean, all of my "highly important ministerial accouterments". But, as it tends to happen with any kind of move, this has suddenly become the time to sort through and clean out my collection of highly important ministerial accouterments.

Seriously... it is like an archaeological dig in my office right now! There are papers in my file cabinet that I have never looked at, never needed, and frankly...I don't think I even knew they existed. Much of what I am finding that has taken up so much space is crud that was left here by the DCE that had this office before they called an Associate Pastor.

I have a feeling that the "round file" is going to be full before the end of the day...

No comments: