Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lock-In Madness!!!

The Youth had a Lock-In this weekend. Since it was a holiday weekend, we held the Lock-In at the church from Sunday night to Monday morning (since they didn't have school). If you have church Lock-Ins and are looking for a good time to host them, let me tell you that they work really well on holiday weekends -- there aren't as many sporting conflicts, and typically more adults can volunteer.

Anywho... it was quite the weekend! At the Lock-In that we had in the fall, about 16 kids were here. Not bad... This time, the word must have gotten out that we host a really great Lock-In, because we had 28 kids! That's right... 28! They just kept on coming! It was awesome! (It was also made a few of the volunteers nervous to be that outnumbered... but we all survived!)

The big hit at the Lock-In: video games. Specifically, the musical video games of Sing Star, Guitar Hero, and Rock Band. Not only are the kids hooked, but I'm pretty sure that I'm hooked, too. Seriously -- Guitar Hero is addictive! Perhaps it helps that the music that's featured in Guitar Hero is the music that I grew up enjoying. (Yes... I'm a pastor. And yes, I used to listen to groups like Twisted Sister, Judas Priest, and Black Sabbath. In fact, I still do. I'll take listening to Black Sabbath over practically any country music group anytime!)

If you have not tried your hand (or voice, in the case of Sing Star) at one of these games, I highly recommend that you do! It is crazy fun, and it is a great way to connect with youth!

No comments: