Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Poll Results -- What Language I Should Learn Next (according to you)

I wanted to write a quick note about the results of the last poll that I had posted regarding what language you fine people thought that I should study next. I thought that the results were rather interesting, with 60% of you voting for me to study Spanish. I should say that I have studied Spanish before, but I could certainly use a refresher course or two.

Really, I had imagined that more of you would have voted for me to study Korean, but that only received one vote! I am increasingly interested in learning Korean -- especially since there are so many Presbyterian brothers and sisters who speak Korean that I would like to be able to communicate with more easily at presbytery meetings and the like. Although, I would like to brush up on my Spanish for the same reason...

I have not yet ordered the materials to begin my study, but I hope to be able to do that before the end of this year. At this point, I am feeling especially drawn to brushing up my Spanish skills; but, I imagine that I will be taking on a study of Korean before too long, as well. I am likely going to use Rosetta Stone, so I would be very interested to hear from people who have used these materials in the past (or present).

No comments: