Friday, March 14, 2008

Notes From This Week

This was a rather interesting week. I started things off by preaching on Sunday. I found myself identifying with the prophet, Ezekiel, far more than I ever thought I would. There is so much more to the "dry bones" story than we usually give it credit for having.

Monday, I drove to Urbana so that my friend Ruth and I could drive to Indianapolis to attend a funeral. There is nothing in this world more heartbreaking than seeing a mother and father have to bury a child. The mother in this case was a colleague of ours, and we had all gathered to remember her 24 year old son. Only 24 years young and taken by cancer... I believe that God was weeping right alongside of Charlie's family and friends.

On our way home, Ruth and I stopped at a Chili's restaurant. Our server, Rysta, was awesome! She got bonus points for growing up in Ohio, but the real deal was her super attitude and great service. Rysta, I hope you check this out -- you really helped us have a happy night on a day that was otherwise melancholy. We closed down the place, and then got back on the road to Urbana. I should mention that Ruth and I share a weakness for what I like to call "shopping therapy". I think we left a few CDs at the Best Buy... (I'll be reviewing a few of my new music pics soon.)

When I got back to the office on Wednesday and Thursday, there were meetings, meetings, and more meetings! Just one of those weeks, I guess. But... the best thing... I actually had a day off on Friday! Nice!

No comments: